Tuesday, April 1, 2014

#69 [Sabana Yegua - 5] Mar. 31st, 2014

Thinking of her "pal"
DAD! stop being so funny :) I love reading your letters! I am so happy to be your daughter and so happy that I inherited your funny genes! Hahah kidding, but let's be real, you're funny :)

My talk ended up being a "read" too. No one congratulated me really, and I tell myself it's because of the culture, but it really could've been pretty bad. I liked it. I really loved preparing it, since it was about the atonement. :) It was an honor, because the only other person that spoke was the branch pres. :) Lucky me. Also, no one laughed at my jokes. Which is good, because I didn't make any. Those are lame and they never translate into Spanish–haha.

Mom, your questions:
    •    I do know Hna H__. She was previously in this area. I saw her a few weeks ago. She's nice. Every time I hear her name, I think of Mr. H__, the music teacher :) good times.
    •    K__ is taken care of. Who knows if he'll go on a mission, but I can only hope and pray!
    •    The little branch here is nice. It has about 100 people on a good day. The young men are really active, and they are all filling out papers to go on missions, so we have a mission prep class. The church is about 2 minutes away from our house, it's nice.

 
I sent a pic of our ugly house. It really is the ugliest in the whole town. It's POOP colored!! Who chose that?! What an eye-sore!
 
Missionary Casa
I am super super super super excited about general conference!!! 

So the other day, we gave a BOM to S__, the 14 year old girl that came to church. We gave it to her on Wednesday. We went back on Friday, and she was in 1 Nefi 16 and had it all marked up and she understood!! It was amazing! So we put a fecha with her :) we're excited :)

Also, H__ is leaving coffee and smoking behind. We asked him to pray about the true church, and the next cita we had, he is beaming. Right after the first prayer, we asked him how he was and then he went on to tell us that he had had a dream and he knows that the church is true and he is absolutely convinced. God here works in dreams, and at first, I thought the people were crazy, cuz they'd have a dream about a black bear and some weird place, and they'd interpret it to be a dream sent from the heavens and they'd convert. It's odd, but now I super believe it. Usually the people who have dreams are the strongest members. Cool stuff, eh? So I have a dream journal, just in case God decides to speak to me.

So yeah, this week was full of missionary work, as usual. Miracles and blessings and all sorts of fun, exciting days. It's insane, every single day is different, and it's so much fun, even though missionary work is the same! Crazy stuff...
I love you all, and hope life is good. Keep being great. I miss you lots and love you even more! I can't believe that Mother’s day is this next transfer!

P-day truck ride -- Padre las Casas with district and members

 

No comments:

Post a Comment