Monday, April 21, 2014

#72 [Sabana Yegua - 8] Apr. 21st, 2014


Dad, thank you for to uplifting quote, I can easily apply that to the work :) hahahahah!!!! got me a good laugh. :) Glad you're my dad forever. :)

Also, HAPPY DAY TO JEFF AND SHAYLEE!!!! Congrats! how exciting! Throughout the week, I was thinking about it lots. I had a feeling it would happen :) yipee!!!

Thanks for your great letter :) as always, I love reading it :) Thanks for the updates and the love :)

Glad you had a nice Ham for Easter. I think I ate rice and beans—Yay! :)

But my week was pretty good. It was Semana Santa, or holy week here, and the people go crazy. All of the girls put trenzas in their hair (braids) since school is out, and so I decided to join in the fun! I did it to myself and to Hermana Peck, too :) it was super fun. It's a for sure perk of serving on a tropical island–it was totally acceptable! :)
 

On Thursday, we were helping H__ get ready for his baptism. We asked him some questions, and when it got to the question about participating in an abortion or a homosexual relationship, he said he was guilty, but "that was along time ago." My heart sunk. I asked, "the abortion?" and he was like, no, the other. NO! H__ in a homosexual relationship!? So I verified and was like, "So... you had a relationship with another man?" and he looked at me and was like, "Ew, no." And then my worries faded and we all laughed. Luckily, he has never had a homosexual relationship. Phew! Big sigh of relief.

I am reading Jesus the Christ again. I am almost finished. It was cool cuz I had a schedule, and it worked out that I read the assigned chapters on the same day of their happening (I read about the crucifixion on Thursday and the resurrection yesterday.) Cool stuff. Made it feel more like Easter, since they don't celebrate it here. Just beer and more beer. It breaks my heart.

Also, happy birthday to Grandpa Erickson this week! 80? wow... so wise.
 

Anyways, we ended up having the baptism on Saturday. It was great. H__ is great. Just love him. He's funny. Still got lots to learn, but he's great. Not much to say about that. I just love being a missionary and seeing people learn about the church and make covenants with God. It's great. The only bad thing abut his baptism is that now we have like, no investigators... darn. But it always happens, and God'll help us :)

Also, look at Herm Peck’s blog for more trenza photos. But yeah, that was the week. It turned out alright. The weeks are going faster and faster, but the days are going slower and slower. It's all in my head. I don't think about home often, so that's good!

I love being here. Sad that my days are numbered.

We have a zone meeting this Wednesday. It's a random one with the entire south, so I will get to see Herm Beesley, and I am STOKED! I miss her guts, so much. Do you still talk to her parents?

Well, I think that is all. Love you lots. Thanks for everything. Have a great week!

Love, Hermana Erickson :)


cute little creature


No comments:

Post a Comment