Tuesday, October 8, 2013

#44 [La Venta - 4] Oct. 7th, 2013

Hello!

I don't know about Riss, but I received no package. But there is still time.:) Thanks in advance for the package :)

And the ruins were alright. They weren't really ruins, just an old building. But I guess I can't complain. It actually remind me of Peru, so that was cool. I will send pics.

Dad, your joke was really funny!! Thank you for it. I will for sure be spreading that around :) you are a very funny guy. No wonder mom married you! (the SPIRITUAL JOKE was – What is the most powerful laxative in the bible? 

ANSWER: Moses took two tablets and went out in the wilderness for forty years.)

I enjoyed conference a whole lot. I loved it. Man, it was great. I was a little sad when I heard Bro. Richardson was praying and not talking. But oh well. He did well. And no, very funny, dad. I did NOT get to watch priesthood. haha

The pictures of the kids look nice. They are so cute! I think they got their cuteness from their older sister, Rachel!

Ok, well, I am going to tell you a bit about my week. Nothing really awesome happened. Ok, that's a lie. A few things.

So this whole week leading up to conference has been very uplifting. I have read 4 different Liahonas full of past conferences, and I have loved it! I have had my dose of conference, and I felt so happy. I love this gospel more than a Dominican man loves white girls! Like, I just love it so much. Can't even find words to explain, so I will stop, for now. :)

Also, we have 2 scheduled baptisms this Saturday. Y__ and G__. They are 14 and 16 respectively. I love them both, and they love this church. Y__ shouldn't have problems being baptized. She is counting down the days. But G__... man, her parents don't want this. We have been doing a lot of praying and fasting, and yeah. On Friday, I decided to fast for her, and also for conference. And later that night, I found out that the Branch pres. and some people went to her house and talked to her mom and pretty much got permission for her baptism! This branch is so into the investigators. Like, we didn't really set up an appointment for them, but they just see a need and fill it. They rock. So that was a nice tender mercy. We will see. We have lots of hope.

Um... my birthday was just like it usually is, which is forgotten. :) haha. I am glad we had conference though, it's always nice to hear and receive personal revelation from God on your birthday. I really wouldn't have wanted anything more. But apparently, a lady in the ward found out, and we had a lesson with her after, and she had bought me a cake! So that was super nice. It was celebrated after all. But I didn't really tell anyone. I could've milked it a LOT here, because people love giving things, but I would've felt guilty. You know my silly conscience. haha
 

A surprise b-day cake!
So people give us coke all the time. The drink, and not the drug, no worries. And I am almost starting to like it. It's bad. I think it will fade with time, but man, before, I would be appalled and not drink it, now, I drink it easily. My poor teeth!

Another song! This one is always on. It's funny. "Hoy se va beber" by... Vaquero. You should look it up. It's funny.

But man, I have been hit by... what it feels like a truck. But it's good, because that truck was filled with love and the spirit. I am as high as a kite on the spirit. I just love life and everyone! Like, I have felt God's love so abundantly in my life this past week. It could be because of the conference talks. Maybe I have matured with age. Like, since I am now 22 (GROSS!), I am more mature.... let's be real, probably not. But this week was just great. My journal is looking like mom's (she mentioned a while back that her journal was just filled with her testimony day after day, and that is how I feel mine is).

I have always loved the church and the gospel, but this mission thing sure is life-changing. It's crazy to realize how much we actually have in this gospel. How many blessings we actually have. The blessings are real. They aren't imaginary or made up so people feel good and join the church. They are REAL! Ah, it's wonderful. Thank you for raising me in the gospel. Thank you for getting married in the temple. Thank you for living your life in such a way to make me want to be better and be happy. I know this church is true, and I know God loves me very personally. I know the blessings of obedience are real and much needed. I know that Thomas S. Monson is called of God and that he is the living prophet today that leads our Church. How lucky we are to have a prophet. I echo the words of the well-known hymn, "We thank Thee, O God, for a prophet" Yes we do!

Um... well, I really have nothing more to say. I love you all. I hope conference was as uplifting for you as it was for me. I can't believe it's over. Thank goodness it is semiannual! Man, I love you all. We're a FOREVER FAMILY!

Sorry I can't go into much more detail about conference. I don't really remember what I heard. I just remember what I felt.

Anyways, peace and eternal love,

Hermana Erickson #1

Also, I encourage you all to look and pray for missionary experiences. Seriously though. DO IT! “Just don’t know, DO!” (Kyle's quote)

No comments:

Post a Comment