Tuesday, January 21, 2014

#59 [La Venta - 19] Jan. 20th, 2014

HAPPY MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY!

I love you!!!! How are things in the 801?

My new comp is Hermana Olsen. She is younger than I am, but I like her so far. She was in Azua right before here. She has 7 months, and is currently living, like her family, in Salt Lake? She's been all over the world.

•    Could you possibly send me Hermana Peck's emails from her blog? I think you know what it is. You can just dearelder them. I would love to know what is going on with her. I miss her.
•    The other new hermana is named Hermana Conrady. She is American. MOM! she is from Eureka, Illinois. I told her that I knew where that was, and she didn't believe me. Her family is from Peoria. Maybe you know some of them?! M__ is the name that lives there :) – she's cool.
•    Hermana Olsen is going into Neuropsych, too. So that's fun. We're similar, but very different.
 

SO, news from Azua —
    ▸    K__ is the YM pres!!! and the gospel doctrine teacher. :)
    ▸    A__ is the 1st counselor of the Elders quorum, and C__ is the secretary of the same group. LOVE THEM. Apparently they still love me, so that's good, too. :)

SO... J__!!!! He left for his mission!!! Crazy – they called him on Monday and told him he was leaving Tuesday. He's in Santiago, now; crazy. So we haven't had a mission leader for a bit, but they just called one. :)

No, I didn't feel the earthquake. (Marissa felt an earthquake last week in Puerto Rico, 6.4 mag.)

•    So the new mission leader is E__! He hit 2 months the other day!!! and he's now the mission leader!!! He'll do great.
•    Also, A__ is the 2nd counselor of the Branch Pres.!!!! – crazy. I am so proud of my so called converts. :)

- Ok, like two more things.

•    M__!!!! she told us for the first time that she wants to be baptized! It's a HUGE step, cuz she told us at the beginning that she didn't want to convert to anything that she wouldn't stick to. She didn't want to commit to anything that she didn’t feel in her heart, and now she loves the church and the gospel. She’s been sharing it with her friends, and coming to devotionals and she has like, 10 church books and she wants to finish the BOM in 40 days like the rest of the branch. :) Love her. Also, her "hubby" used to hate the church and God, but now he is opening up. She wants to be baptized with him. We'll see. :) Pray for them. :) I love them so much.


•    Pics... 
Our house. We live on the 2nd floor.Thought that would be good to know.


And also the new zone. I have 2 more sons, so that's fun. Makes 7 for me here in La Venta.  

Um...I think that is all. This week has been forever long, and it's been crazy. So many things have happened, and it's been insane. We've been teaching a lot of recent converts and I don't think Hermana Olsen is used to that. I think that she thinks we're slacking, but it's what we've been asked to do by the Pres. of the branch, so we do it, and it helps. If the branch isn't strong, the converts aren't going to last.

Dad, we do not have an iPad. I don't think this mission will ever have them. It's too dangerous to have them cuz if people see us use them, we'll surely get robbed. So the Pres. thinks we'll be one of the last missions to get them, which is fine.

Tell Pres. McGinn, HI for me!!

Also, it’s cool you're royla, dad! That means I am royal, too!!! :) Yay!!! (It's amazing what a little Family History researching will reveal.)

I didn't know it was my 400th day on Wednesday. I don't think I took any pictures; darn. That's a shame. 400 sure seems like a long time... it is! I am feeling super old, like, my body sometimes just hurts, and I feel like I look like I am 30 years old. It's sad, but oh well.

Well, that is pretty much my life here in Paradise. Life is different without Hermana Peck. Tis hard, cuz I expect my new comp to be like her. It'll pass, but it's different. We’ll, have a great week!

I apologize for this crazy letter, and all this random info. I hope it doesn't sound like I am complaining. I really love the mission and this area and my comp. I am glad that I am serving here and that I have met so many new people. I am in love with everything about this place. I love the gospel. I think that is part of the reason I love this place – I have so many good memories of it. Preaching the gospel really makes everything great. The gospel makes everything great. :)

Well, peace and blessings!!! :)               

ox ox ox

Oh!!! some white guys from SLC came to our branch on Sunday. They are doing a project about jobs or something. That was cool. :)

Peace!!!!

Hermana Erickson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment