Tuesday, November 19, 2013

#50 [La Venta - 10] Nov. 18th, 2013



Cool news about the General Meeting for Women. That's... good :)

Did you like playing Golf? I love that card game. I miss cards. Jeff has only a few more months to train - cuz everyone knows that I am the EGYPTIAN RAT SLAP MASTER! :) I am just the fastest. But he might have a chance after me not playing for 18 months. Maybe.

Mom, I also got your dearelder on Friday. It was much enjoyed. Thank you. It's been a longtime since I have received one of those. :)

But anyways, I hope you are all well. I am well here in La Venta. Aka, Paradise  or the Promised Land. Some call it heaven. But who knows :) haha

Heather --- J__ is SUCH a good boy. I love him. He is such a huge help here. I told him to add you, AND then he told me that you are cool, but you need to practice your Spanish... :) hmmm...


So on the Tuesday after last Monday, the 12th?, yeah, we had a lesson with E__. We were preparing him for baptism, AND we were stoked. So we go into his house, AND he's somber. WHAT? We were worried. But then he was like, "I hope you studied" (but in Spanish) AND we told him we had. Then, he turns us to 1 Nefi 11 an 12 AND goes into depth about the tree of life, AND then he opens up Gospel Principles, AND he says, "Please turn to chapter 8, page 75" (not the right numbers-don't go looking for it) AND so we do. SACERDOCIO–or priesthood. So he goes on to teach us about the priesthood. But not only does he teach, he has MEMORIZED the first 3 paragraphs. We were shocked AND pleasantly surprised. :) He's a good guy.

I read something cool in the Liahona. It's not going to sound cool when I write it, but you'll have to trust me that it was cool. It talked about Christ, AND how he is the Good Shepherd, but also the Lamb of God. Which is cool, because he literally is our shepherd, but he is also the Lamb! I don't know how to write it, AND I should've written it out before I typed this, cuz my thoughts don't make sense. But yeah. You think about it for yourself. :)

So C__ (our recent convert) was just called as the Teacher's Quorum President. Proud moment :)

Dad, do you still do Crepe Sunday? Just wondering.

On Saturday, we baptized our "ESCOGIDO." or in other words, E__. His name is really R__ d_ J__, but he was baptized AND confirmed as E__ B__... so... hopefully it counts in heaven! Everything went well for that, AND the rama is super stoked to have him. He is legit. We are hoping to baptize his neighborhood. :) We made the angel food cake for his baptism. Our stove is pretty much just an open fire, but they turned out decent. See picture for proof :)


So A__ AND I__... they are so great. A__ is the guy in blue in the picture. But they are so great. The ward has been trying to convince them to let the rama pay for their wedding, because they are missing out on blessings, AND they have been so stubborn! BUT, yesterday, they told us that they are letting the rama pay for it, AND apparently they are getting married on FRIDAY! AND baptized on SATURDAY!! :) We'll see. We were super excited. We've put a lot of effort in with them, AND they really don't see it, but we love them so much! I would love to stay AND see them baptized. It'll be close, cuz transfers are coming up, AND Dominicans are pretty slow... so we'll see! Pray lots for them!

Great things are happening here in La Venta. We have a few more people that we're working with. One of them is a friend of A__ AND C__, AND he came to church! We're just really blessed here. I am loving it. :)
 
Thank you for your love AND support. I love you all so much. I hope your week goes by quickly AND you get excited for Thanksgiving. :) Love you all! More than I love coke! ;) hahah

I think that is all I have to say. Have a great week! Read your scriptures! :)


Lots of Love,

Hermana Erickson 1 (Rachel) :) duh

No comments:

Post a Comment