Monday, June 16, 2014

#80 [Sabana Yegua - 16] June 16th, 2014

Hello!!!
Near the end--the final countdown

 

This is super weird. I don't feel like I really need to email you, but hey, I have an hour on the computer, I might as well talk to my beloved family, right? right. :)

HOW COME NEITHER JACOB OR HEATHER WROTE TO ME ABOUT CLEAR CREEK OR EFY?!?!?!? What am I to them?!?! CHOPPED LIVER?! – goodness.

So, I have NO idea when my temple trip is planned. Me and Herm Brockman thought that we were going to leave tomorrow (Tues.) for the capital and go on the transfer bus, but last night at 10:35 (shame shame, calling after bedtime hours) they called us and told us that we were actually leaving today!!! Talk about stressful!!! We stayed up packing until about 1:00 and then I went to bed, but only slept until my bladder said so, which was at 4, and I couldn't fall back to sleep, so I went outside and wrote letters to people here and then soon enough, Hermana Brockman came out, too!! She couldn't sleep either!!! So we cleaned the house so we wouldn't have to do it later in the morning, and we could go do other stuff; :) so that was good.

So long story short, I have no idea when the temple trip is, and I probably won't know until I am actually in the temple; which is a little stressful, oh well!! :)

Anyways, this week was pretty good. We had surprise interviews on Wednesday, and they were great!!! President was just like, "I'll talk to you in a week!" So I kinda got off the hook!!! hahah, it was nice.

I also found out that day that K__ got married. So, no mission for him. :( I am quite sad about it, but at least he married an LDS girl. And they went to the capital to get married, but as far as I know, it wasn't in the temple. Maybe in December!! But this is just gossip from his cousin, so... I guess I will see when I call him from home. ;)

So we have a super great family that are working on their sealing in the temple. They were reactivated right before I came to SY; anyways, they are great. Awhile back, we were teaching T__, the husband's brother. He was very flojo (like, slow) and wouldn't do anything, but his brother was persistent. He’s also the same guy that was on the bed the other week–that my comp had to use her nursing skills on and put in the catheter. Well... he passed away. So we spent a lot of time siting under a canopy, (feeling VERY uncomfortable) and supporting the family. They are some people that you will meet from SY in December. 

And I think that is all. This week has been a decent one. I am very nervous to come home. I have not felt this uncomfortable in a long time. I don't know what it is. I am stoked to come home, but super nervous. I have been very blessed to serve here. I love all of the people. I love all of the experiences I have had. I am a very lucky girl and God loves me so much. I have learned that even more on the mission. I have always had a pretty close relationship with my Heavenly Father, but now it's solid and I am stoked to move on in life with this... feelings. What I want to say doesn't translate into English, haha.

But thank you all for your love and support. I could not have done it without you :) I love you all from the bottom of my heart :)

Peace out. Have a fun time with Jeff and then get ready for an even more fun time with me. :) :) :) :) :)






All my love,

Hermana Erickson–

SIGNING OFF for the last time :(

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rachel! I am going to the same mission you just served in! I stumbled upon this blog while researching the DR. I would love to ask you some questions and get some advice! My email is mormonflower@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete