Tuesday, September 10, 2013

#40 [Independencia -12] Sept. 9th, 2013

Wow!! I cannot believe the street flooded like that! That is about how the streets here look after rain, but the water is filled with trash and other undesirable things; like poop. But whatever! I wish the DR got a sewer system, but it is what it is! I hope that the family at the bottom of the hill is doing well, (which could be a pun...haha so funny.) But yeah.

I am SO HAPPY that you and the Beesley’s went out to eat! Me and my comp were thinking about it all day long, and yeah, we just imagined how it all went down, and by the sound of your description, I was pretty close. I know you both too well :) hahaha also, I did know that Herm Beesley got her call on that day. She thought it was cool, and then I trumped it with me going on my mission that day, haha.

To answer your question, Yes, I do like the raisins that you made. I liked the apples better, but raisins are also good. I go through phases of liking them. Right now, I like them :)

Go JOSH! Way to ask a girl to homecoming! Don’t go on and kiss her! Well... maybe, but you have to tell me about it! Also, good luck on his talk. He is such a stud. I remember when he was chubby... my how he’s grown!

To answer your other question, No, I never did watch the broadcast, too lazy. I will watch it in 9 months I guess. I just don’t have the motivation to watch something that happened 3 months ago... oops.

Wow...... thank you for those images of the comic-con...gross. I saw that perfectly in my mind... too bad. Glad Jeff didn’t dress up, that’s not how to find a wife!

That’s weird that their leaf mail only cost them 87 cents. I don’t know why yours cost more, maybe cuz it was awesome? Not sure. Sorry you had to pay money to get that.

I am glad to hear that you all had a great week. I love hearing all about your silly updates about thermostats and such. Remember how when Jeff was on his mission, all of the kids would write to him on Sunday? Man, that would be nice.

Anyways, I am going to tell you a little about my week of greatness.

Well, this last week was the last week of the transfer. It really went by so quickly. fastest 6 weeks of the mission thus far. And to tell you the truth, nothing too great happened. In fact, I have also not had this much failure in the mission yet, either. We would go to all of our appointments, and they would all fail. So we’d walk to the others, and they failed, too. It was rough. In total, we only got 23 lessons in total (with member, without member, and recent convert/less actives combined!) which is horrible! We usually get about 20 without members. So.... yeah, rough week, but to make me feel better, it’s not about numbers....................... but really.

On Thursday, all we could think about was that our parents were going to go out to eat together! We were just so stoked. We thought you guys would hit it off pretty well, since we hit it off great. For lunch, we decided to make enchiladas, and then save some for dinner so we could all be eating Mexican food at the same time! So clever. Ah, I love the Beesley’s. I don’t even know them, but I just love them, haah.

On Friday, we had intercambios again. The girl I went out with last week went home the day before. She had some super bad health problems, and yeah. The doctor told her that she had to leave. Gallbladder problems, and she also has a hole in her spine. I don’t know what that does, but apparently it’s bad. But since she wasn’t there, we did a trio. We had this girl who was just so stoked to be a missionary. I hope she keeps her zest (mom’s favorite word!) for the mission once it actually starts. Also, there are about 15 other elders coming in this transfer. One of them came up to me and said he was from Orem, and then was like, "are you Josh’s sister?!" YES! and so we bonded awkwardly for about 2 minutes, and so I took a picture. Yep, it’s weird to talk to someone that has more recently talked to my own brother than I have...

On Saturday, I finished the Book of Mormon again in Spanish. This was the fastest that I have finished it in Spanish, so I felt pretty accomplished. Also, that was the last thing on my list for Personal Progress. So that means that I finished that, too! Pretty cool. I think that I could’ve gotten more out of it if I wouldn’t have put a time limit on it, but whatever, It’s done. What’s done is done. As Rafiki would say, “It’s in the past!!” but yeah, so that is checked off of the to do list for the mission!

Oh!!!! haha on Saturday, we also had a thing that was super weird happen. So there is this guy that is always on the corner at his work, and when we pass, he gets all lit up. He’s kinda  a creep. We are just nice to him and invite him to church and whatnot. Anyways, about 8 weeks ago, we were walking by his work, and we were eating ice cream, and he was like, "Rude! you didn’t invite me..." obviously we didn’t, he’s a creep! Well anyways, on Saturday, we were walking by, and he said, "Okay, you guys have bailed me for 3 weeks in a row,"(which is true, because we have told him that we would go get ice cream, and I think he actually went... oops!) but he continues, "so tonight, we should go". We thought, what the heck, and so we set a time, which was 10 minutes before curfew, and yeah. We stopped by his work, and he was there, so we walked in the rain to the ice cream shop, and we order, and then HE BUYS IT FOR US! It was totally an awkward date scenario... like.. ah. It was nice that he bought us ice cream... but man, it was awkward. He kept being like, "so maybe we could go to the movies sometime... yada yada yada" We told him no, and that we were strictly missionaries. We left, but first we took pictures. Man, what a weirdy. He is 26, yet he looks about 37. hmmmm...

Um... I seriously think that is all. OH!, we had transfers. We knew that we’d be splitting up, so the past couple of days, we’ve taken pictures of our friends and had them all write notes. Honestly, their notes were pretty lame to me, since they figured that Beesley would be leaving since she has more time here, but I couldn’t complain. I love the people here! Haha anyways, I had a huge migraine last night (the night of the transfer call,) and that was the worst. I wanted to go to sleep super badly, but no, I stayed up. So the phone rings, and the DL tells us a few rules. He also tells us that transfers are a bit different. He says that the president will only tell us WHO is leaving, and not where they are going, nor who their new comp is! – not until today, which is the next day. We had our predictions. We thought that Gamez would stay, Balanzategui would go, Beesley would go, and I would stay and possibly train. BUT we were WAY off. Everyone is staying! Except me. Yep, they’ve booted me out of Independencia, to who knows where! I have no idea. I just got all of my stuff packed and ready to leave. Tonight we’ll find out what is happening. I think Beesley is going to train, but we’ll see. The elders think that I am going to go to a white washed area and open it and train, but I don’t wanna get my hopes up. I will probably just go to Quisqueya (the nicest house in the mission, right next to our area - there are 6 girls there... God would do that so I learn to get along with girls.....) I’ll go wherever though. BUT yeah, that was transfers... I am really going to miss Hermana Beesley. We’ll be buddies for a long time. Probably until one of us dies.

Anyways...that is pretty much the week. I had a great last time. I will let you know where I am. Maybe I will go to a store and buy something with my debit card (so you can stalk me.) Also, I still don’t think I have money. I changed over 50 dollars of my personal money to buy stuff this week. I will reimburse myself though. Anyways, we’ll do this—if I am training, I’ll buy a chocolate bar, if I am not, I will buy something else; deal!? hahah, then you can know before next Monday, haha.

Anyways, thanks for your support and love. I cannot believe that I almost have 9 months! – gawl, this is flying by. I hope it is flying by for all of you too, I just know how much you miss me, haha.

Peace and blessings, fam-bam.

Con Amor, Hermana Erickson 1

No comments:

Post a Comment