Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Rachel MTC #3 December 25th, 2012


I will reply to your email later - but I am able to email you this Christmas - since we don't get to call! So here I am!! :) I hope you all have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I love you all, and have been thinking about you a lot today.

They asked us to write a special message on Christmas, so I am doing that.

It's been an interesting Christmas here at the MTC. We don't get the gifts, we don't hear the Christmas music, but we do get to feel God's love for us everyday. It's pretty great. We get to understand the true meaning of Christmas, and I really love it. There is a special spirit here, and it makes me want to be the best I can be. I love it. But I am so glad that I could spend a Christmas in the MTC. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I don't think I would trade it for anything else. The Christmas Spirit is definitely around. Everyone is cheerful, happy, and they all love everyone. I know that is what God wants for everyone, but we are the few that are lucky enough to be around people that are ALWAYS happy (here at the MTC.) I am grateful for the opportunity to be here. I am grateful for the things that I have learned, and I can't wait to get out there and teach!!!!! :) Only like, 8 more days? Yep – eight, which is really bizarre.

I want you all to know that I love this gospel. I know that the church is true, and that Jesus cares so much about me. I know that He is my Savior. He saved me, and without Him and His sacrifice, I would have no hope. I am forever grateful for Him. I know that He is the only way back to live with our Heavenly Father, and that He wants us to return. I know that Heavenly Father loves me and knows me and my weaknesses. He knows me personally. I have known that for a long time, and it becomes more prevalent the longer that I am in his service. I know He loves everyone. Even if they do not have the Gospel. I know He wants everyone to receive the Gospel, and return to Him. Ah. I love this Church!! - it brings me so much happiness. I know that He loves us because He restored the gospel, and He called Prophets to guide us. I know that Joseph Smith restored the gospel, and that President Thomas S. Monson is the prophet today. I know that He is called of God, and that he speaks for God. I trust him and know that what he tells us is true. I am grateful for his sacrifice to the church. I know that families are forever. I am so glad that I can live with my family forever. I love you all, and I can't imagine my life without you. I am super grateful for the doctrine of eternal families.

I know that I was called to the DR for a reason. I know that the people there are wanting to hear the gospel, and I know that I will be able to talk to them and help them realize the importance of the gospel. I can’t wait to make them happy.

I know this church is true. I know that it blesses families, and that we can blessed for following the prophet. I am grateful for all that you all do for me, for being raised in the church. I am grateful for the opportunity to be a representative of my Savior Jesus Christ. I love Him. I love Him so much, and for that reason, I celebrate this Christmas. :)

Well, it was good hearing from you. I would love to hear about how Christmas went back home. I bet it was great. We just had a devotional. Elder Nelson came. He's great. I always feel like I know him, even though I have never met him.. I don't think. But he did really good. I think I will talk about what he talked about on Saturday (that is our P-Day because we have a 13 hour "in-field training" on Friday.) So just so you know, I will email you again on Saturday. Then I will call you on Wednesday :) yay!

Marissa, I can't believe you got your ears pierced. I bet you look even more gorgeous. Thanks for not even giving me a chance... haha!

Also, thank you very much for the package. I have been sharing the candy - since I have been trying really hard to be healthy here - and it's been working!!!!!! :) But then I got candy, and... yep, so I have been sharing. Thanks for the shower thing and the picture book. Everyone in my
district wanted to look at the pictures. We sure look good!!! :)

Anyways, I don't have much time left. I will probably send you a package home (with the stuff I don't need, and such) on Tuesday?  I'll let you know for sure on Saturday :)

Also, thank you for the little wrapped presents - I opened 2 of them this morning, and then I will open the other 2 later. I opened the bows and the mints :) yum yum. But thank you for thinking of me. I love you all. I will reply to Riss's letter on Saturday, when it is my P-Day :) so look forward to that haha.

Once again, I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!

Love forever,
Hermana Erickson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment