Friday, December 21, 2012

Rachel MTC #2 - December 21, 2012


Letter 2 MTCRachel – MTC #2    December 21, 2012

Glad to hear that Marissa is alright (wisdom teeth extracted.) I would love to see pictures! But Yeah, glad that she is alright :)

That’s cool that Jacob’s teacher went to the DR west mission. I’ve heard many good things about it.

Jacob- Hi :) I am doing well. I am glad to hear that you are doing well too. The mission is going great. You are going to love being a missionary!! :) I hope you have a merry Christmas as well :) and a happy new year!!

But this week was good! I felt that my Spanish was improving, and I feel like it still is :) so that is good news. Ya know how I had 2 native companions? Well, On Monday, another gringa sister came in, so I was her companion. My Spanish has gotten A LOT better since we’ve been companions. I think it is because I am not as nervous to speak around her, even though she is a lot better than I am. Then, the next day, we got yet another gringa - so, I am once again in a three-some! I have had 5 companions! in 9 days.. it’s crazy. 

Thanks for the “dearelders.” I am happy to hear that the Christmas tree is finally put up.. I wish I could have seen it, but oh well. I will get over it, right? right. Congratulations on the Stephen’s hot chocolate. I let my district leader read one of my letters - because I got three in one night - so he read the one where you (dad) won the hot chocolate, and was like, “haha that’s funny-he actually won something off the radio.” I continued to tell him that it was your hobby, and you do it all the time.. haha I didn’t tell him what you have won though. Didn’t want to depress him.

Is Jeff’s room ok, then? I am sorry to hear that it was flooding. That’s not good. And no, we did not get to go to the temple - we got to walk around it, but not do any ordinances. And I doubt that I will get to go to the DR one.

HAHA Riss and DAVE sang on the radio??! how precious. You should tell Riss to write me. Because I want an update on her life.. and everyone else. Tell Grant CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so excited for him to serve there! That's neat.

Mom - don’t worry about the 12 days of Christmas. The world is ending today anyways.. there is no point :) haha kidding. I wanna know the news about that. Are there people freaking out? Please update me on that. I am interested in hearing about it.

One of the elders in my zone told me that I had a cute skirt - it was the black plaid one. I told him that grandma made it, and he said that she had some serious talent. I have gotten A LOT of compliments on the skirts that she made. So let her know that I really appreciate them :)

Oh my. One of the MOST annoying things ever is when people sit next to me and start shaking their leg up and down (like Josh..) but it seems to happen all of the time, and it drives me nuts! It makes me nauseous. Some of the elders do it, and ugh.. so annoying!

Oh! I hope you had a happy anniversary the other day. I wished you a happy anniversary right when I woke up, but you didn’t hear it, so I am telling you that it happened. :) I hope it was good! 25 years.. crazy. Thanks for your example. I love you both and couldn’t have better parents.

Oh! another thing that I would love to get.. I don’'t have any way to upload my pictures onto the computer because it appears that I need my USB cord thing that hooks up to it. The only problem is that I have no idea where that would be.. so you may never receive pictures from me.. sorry. There is no other way to upload them- no place for my memory card or anything.

That last thing.. I got my travel plans!!!!!!! I was shaking with excitement!!! I am leaving January 3rd. I check out at 5:00am and my flight 1492 leaves from SLC at 8:15. I plan on calling, so I will probably call around 6? maybe 7?...we’ll see. But I leave on American Airlines, and fly to Ft. Worth Texas, and from there, I go to Miami, and then it says I go to Santo Domingo. So that seems to be the plan. Except after I get to Santo Domingo, it says that I have another flight from SD to Georgia....... so, I don’t know what that means. It also says that that flight will take place on Feb. 3rd. I definitely need to talk to them. I plan on serving a mission longer than a month. hahaha. I will get that all figured out, and let you know. But yeah!! I am leaving the MTC on the 3rd, Yay.

Well, I don’t have much more to say. Thank you all for your love and letters. I have received a letter everyday from at least one person - whether it be a friend, a grandma, or someone that I know, I appreciate them taking the time to write me. It makes me feel loved. I get hassled a lot from my district because I almost always get letters - and letters are delivered 2 times a day - at lunch, and after classes - and I usually get one or more each time. I know I am loved, and my district knows that as well. So thank everyone :) haha anyways, I am almost out of time. Be proud - this letter is so long!! :) or at least I feel like it is :)

Love you so much!! Thank you for supporting me-financially and in every other possible way :) haha I guess I won’t be writing you until after Christmas - therefore, MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I hope you all have a great time!!! Pretend I am there. :)

Much love,

Hermana Erickson :)

ps, I love you :)     

No comments:

Post a Comment